SONUSCORE COMPOSER OF THE YEAR AWARD – RULES & CONDITIONS
Rules and Regulations
1. Competition Rules
2. Voting & Prizes
4. Additional Provisions
1. Competition Rules
- The Competition is open to everybody.
- The Composers participating in the Competition must download a short version of the IronStar Films’ new sci-fi drama Tellurian trailer for which they will have to score original music.
- By participating the Composers agree that the composition is solely original to them.
- Any MIDI instruments, electronics, or live recordings can be used.
- Each Composer must deliver the video file synchronized with the original composition by 11:59:59PM CET Thursday, February 10th 2022.
- The video file should be delivered in a common format, such as .mp4 or .mov.
- The file must be sent to the email address email@example.com through the file transfer software WeTransfer.
- The video file shall be named using the following format:
2. Voting & Prizes
- Up to ten (10) finalists will be selected by a team of Sonuscore’s staff composers.
- The videos of the 10 finalists will be published on Sonuscore’s Youtube channel.
- Voting starts on Thursday, February 17th 2022 and runs until Thursday, February 24th 2022, 5:00:00 PM CET.
- The conditions of the public voting will be shown here as soon as the voting starts.
- The top three creators of the videos with the most votes will each receive prizes.
- 1st Place: The winner receives the title “Sonuscore Composer of the Year 2022” for the whole year 2022 plus some exclusive prizes and special attention by the Sonuscore team. The grand prize is a live orchestra recording session for a composition of the winner’s choice. Additionally, the winner gets a 50% discount on every new Sonuscore release in 2022. Also, the winner gets a €200 store voucher for the Sonuscore Online Store, eligible for all original Sonuscore Ethnic, Lyrical, Origins & Solo series products.
- 2nd Place: €500 store voucher for the Sonuscore Online Store, eligible for all original Sonuscore Ethnic, Lyrical, Origins & Solo series products.
- 3rd Place: €300 store voucher for the Sonuscore Online Store, eligible for all original Sonuscore Ethnic, Lyrical, Origins & Solo series products.
- For those who participated in the voting, we will raffle off 10 x €150 store vouchers for the Sonuscore Online Store, eligible for all original Sonuscore Ethnic, Lyrical, Origins & Solo series products. The composers of the 10 selected compositions are excluded from this raffle.
- The decisions of Sonuscore will be final and there will be no appeal.
- The prizes will be delivered in March 2022. The winner’s live orchestra recording session and the exclusive deal are valid for the year 2022.
- The organizer (Sonuscore) reserves the right to award additional prizes.
- The organizer has the right to cancel the Competition in case of insufficient number of applications.
- The organizer reserves the right to change prizes.
- The organizer will contact all winners.
We have no intention of selling your compositions or earning money with them. This is simply a creative contest and by holding this, there are some general regulations we must comply with so that all parties are legally on the safe side.
In normal language:
- We receive the right to publish the composition without any restrictions in terms of time and space – we need this to share your submission and especially the winning entry on our own channels (website, social media and all channels related to Sonuscore where we might mention the contest now and in the future. For example: Assuming there will be a brand-new social network in the future and we want to show all previous contest winners and their compositions in a throwback post. For this we would need the aforementioned publishing rights.) You will always retain the full ownership and copyrights of your composition.
- You grant us the right to publish your name in the context of the contest.
- We might want to publish your composition across our channels, maybe even in the far distant future. This would not work if you would grant any third party the exclusive rights of your composition. The other way around, we do not explicitly request exclusive rights on your composition, allowing you to make use of it in the future.
- If you participate in the contest, you can download the video but you cannot use the video for any other purposes, even if you win. This is a general procedure to prevent the content from being shared, copied, modified or used in any way that is not in accordance with Sonuscore and Ironstar Films’ philosophy and ethical code.
- The copyright to the trailer of Tellurian belongs to Ironstar Films Limited. If you want to use the video with your composition on any other channel other than this contest, simply write us an email, tell us what you want to do, and then we can officially approve it and everyone is legally safe.
- You assure that you are the sole copyright owner of your work. If you’re not and we publish your composition in good faith and belief, Sonuscore cannot be held liable for this in case of any third-party claims.
- We are composers ourselves and do not want to take away anyone’s rights to their work. We only need the rights to host the contest and to report about it. Nothing more and nothing less. Your copyrights remain untouched. If you have any further questions, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org .
In official language:
- The Participant retains full ownership of their work. By entering the competition, the organizer is being granted, on a non-exclusive basis and free of charge, the right to use the composition submitted for the Competition and their artistic performances and recordings in a territorially and time unlimited way.
- The participants of the competition and the voting grant the organizer their permission to publish their full name, which has been recorded for the needs of organizing the Competition and in accordance with the statutory purposes of the Competition Organizer.
- The Contestant does not have the right to assign rights to their version of the entry or the original film.
- The individual submitting a score to the organizer hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the score for consideration. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the organizer, judges, sponsors, and partners, individually and collectively, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to submitted material. The burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright, trademark, rights of privacy, publicity or any other proprietary rights rests with the composer. The entrant shall bear the sole liability for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission.
- Concerning dissemination or distribution of the copyright-protected footage received from the organizer (with or without the added work by the contestant): The organizer holds the rights to present the winning submissions on the official website of the competition. The participants should request from the organizer’s representatives if the filmmaker grants permission to allow composers to distribute the film with their added work, and to receive information about the requirements of distributing the footage.
- The copyright to the trailer of Tellurian belongs to Ironstar Films Limited.
- By taking part in the Competition the participant declares they hold the exclusive and unlimited copyright of the sent compositions and assumes responsibility towards the organizer for legal faults of the submitted compositions and in particular for claims of third parties against the organizer connected with breaking their copyright.
- Should third parties lay a claim against the organizer on account of breach by the participants of copyright or personal rights of third parties connected with the usage of the compositions, the participants of the Contest shall indemnify the organizer against any and all such third parties.
4. Additional Provisions
- Unless otherwise provided by applicable law, a complete legal relation between the participant of the Competition and the organizer shall be governed by the Law of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- The organizer of the competition makes final decisions upon all organizational issues. Such decisions are irrevocable and non-claimable.
- The organizer has the right to change the rules of participation.
- By participating in the Sonuscore Composer of the Year 2022 Award and the Voting, participants agree that they shall be bound by the terms of this agreement.